Thursday, July 20, 2006

Bad Week, Good Week

Bad:
  • It's been miserably hot.
  • I've been working in the fields since Tuesday. Add "miserably hot" to "standing on black plastic mats in the sun all day." Yuck.
  • I got sunburned too, in spite of using sunblock. It isn't very effective when you're in among sprinklers. (FYI, the water is warm too. Double yuck.)
  • Our head grower, the guy who handles all the Big Important Stuff, just took another job and will be leaving in a couple of weeks. Nobody knows who will replace him.
  • The Bronco is injured. There is a 2-foot-long gouge in the right-rear fender, not just to the paint but the metal is even pushed in along the gouge. The fender trim is bent too.
  • Stepped on a tomato hornworm. ICK ICK ICK ICK
Good:
  • My boss is back, yay! Had enough stress the last two weeks; he can have it back now. I don't want it!
  • My eagles are back! That's the best part of being in the fields, seeing the critters, and especially the golden eagles. They're nesting again this year! Got a great show today when one of them was doing lazy circles over the fields. Usually I hear them but don't see them; today was exceptional.
  • Got a private message from a semi-famous singer. Coolness...
  • Also got several songs I'd never heard before from a particular demo tape and spent a while rockin' out.
  • Hubby and I cooked dinner together tonight. We should do that more often, we always have fun!
  • Supposed to drop down into the 80s for a cold snap. ;-P At this point I'll take it.
Things I was really wishing for this past week:
  • My own swimming pool
  • A trip to Alaska
  • Ice
  • Better air conditioning at home
  • ANY cool air at work
  • Going to the movies just cause I always freeze in there
See a theme here?

Ah well, in the grand scheme of things it's all trivial. "And this, too, shall pass..."

Where's the ice?

2 comments:

fart blossom said...

It is a hot one. Even the Europeans are putting ice in drinks. My friend over here told me that it was 100 degrees fehrenheit in the shade. Well, it's hot but it's not that hot. I told her she needs to get a new thermometer but she swears it's a dry heat and it really is that hot. Yeah. Dry heat. That's why I'm drenched in sweat? Sorry, I grew up in south Texas and I know a different hot. No air conditioning, dipping down into the high 80's at night if you're lucky, 100% humidity for months at a time. When I start thinking it's hot here, I remember that.

On the other hand, I like it hot. Working in the hot sucks though.

Did I just rant on someone elses blog? Shoot. Sorry. :D

Waylan

Chris said...

It's hot. Real hot. It ain't s'posed to be this hot. I'm living at 57 degrees North latitude, for goodness' sake!! It's not s'posed to get above 30C... ever!

I like ranting on other's blogs... it's fun.