Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Eh Day

Weekend roundup:
  • Went to Carlisle on Sunday for the GM show. It was mostly rainy and we got soaked to the bone, then froze in the Waffle House air conditioning. The chili we ordered wasn't heated up enough, but the coffee was good and I finally got a great slice of lemon pie.
  • Got chills on the way home; stopped and bought a cheap throw blanket to wrap up in.
  • Felt like poo the rest of the night, all day Monday, and called off work today. Everything either hurts or feels like it's 15 pounds heavier than it should be. My back is killing me, my glands are swollen and painful, and I have a headache. I hate it.
  • Speaking of rain, it's weathering out there again today. It's supposed to rain every day this week, anywhere from a 60% to a 100% chance from now through the weekend. This does not bode well for our plan to camp at the cabin Sunday night. Hubby wants to waterproof our tent, but we have no place to set it up where it won't be in the rain so he can do that.
  • I learned how to use a morphing program I got with my editing software. Hubby's sister and her roommate were here visiting from North Carolina; we took pics of them and the dog and kitten they brought along and made some funny morphs. B's sis was leaving earlier than we thought. It was nice to see her and her friend for a while; glad we got to visit before they left for home. Last time we were down South we didn't make it to their place.
  • We let my 16-year-old brother drive down to Harrisburg and back, his first time driving in city traffic. In the rain, no less. He did okay, only a couple of times when the clench factor zoomed up to 8 or 9. B was navigating, Dad was explaining various driving techniques, and I was in charge of bopping my brother in the back of the head. ;-P
What was the highlight of the weekend? Hmm, that would be a toss-up between Waffle House and seeing the display cars that were still at the show. Camaros and pie, yay! Being sick, boo!

No comments: