Monday, January 30, 2006

Happy Birthday B!

We didn't really do much today. Hung around the house, washed some clothes, then went for a ride around the back roads looking at houses. Stopped at the Amish market for some meats n' treats (deli ham and dried fruit). On the way home we passed a guy who had tried to turn his minivan around in a small field and got stuck in the mud, so B went back to give the guy a pull. It was done in five minutes, B wouldn't take any money as usual, and our two vehicles slogged on back to town slinging mud and gravel.

Dinner was okay... the elk steaks were marinating all day, stuck them under the broiler and they were a bit chewy but tasty. I think I like elk better than venison, and definitely more than beef. Had sweet corn and homemade potato salad and we're now eyeballing the cake... I made an ABS (Almost Better than Sex) cake and it's so rich and yummy that I'm drooling just thinking about it. I am Cake Girl, after all.

Hubby's sister sent him some German brandy-filled (Asbach) chocolates for his birthday and now I'm jonesing for chocolate cordials. It's so hard to find good ones; these were great, but I like the round kind that come in 20 different flavors. *yum*

All in all, not a bad day. I have to go because hubby just decided he wants cake and I am so there....

No comments: