Thursday, May 06, 2010

Snaps and Snarls

Someone I know has been driving me bonkers on Facebook, because she Capitalizes Every Word Of Every Sentence All The Time. She just announced she's about to get her Masters in Information Technology... this chick holds 3 college degrees And Still Writes Like This? *headsmack*

Every time I see someone on Facebook leave a comment that says "your stupid" I want to reply "Yes, you're right. You ARE their stupid." I don't, but AAARRRGGHHHHH

"Here's a sneak peak!" Whoa, how did that mountain get in here? It must have gotten by without me noticing! Sneaky mountain!

"We have lot's of item's to chose from." Okay, how about a grammar textbook? No? Surprise, surprise.

"You just type it and click and viola! There it is!" Hmm, I got this instead. Too bad I can't play.

I have another friend,,, who uses commas,,, instead of ellipses,,, and usually in places ellipses wouldn't even be appropriate,,, do I even need to say,,, why this is annoying,,,

"omg ur nt gona bleve ths, ashlyn is ttly on team edwrd" So much wrong in such a short space, worsened by any reference to sparkly vampires.

And yet...

GIMMEH MOAR NAO! just strikes me as hilarious. Probably because it's both phonetic and deliberate. I jumped on the cat-caption/LOLspeak bandwagon when that meme first hit. Why? Because, again, it's deliberate, and it's like converting your Facebook language to Pirate... a whole new world of simple amusement. And come on, it's cats. With funny captions. Captions that can apply anywhere, anytime, to almost any situation, and most people will LOL or ROFL or +100 rep because they get it, even if the comment or reply is posted sarcastically. ESPECIALLY if it's sarcastic, for that matter. Hey, all you "this meme is so dead" people: bite me. It's not going away. LOLspeak is as much a part of the internet lexicon now as www-dot-[whatever]-dot-com.

OMGWTFBBQ! rocks. That is all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You speak my soul, and I thank you for it. I have to best visual of a sneaky mountain right now and it will make me giggle all night. lol

:D