Thursday, August 26, 2010

Birthday

Tomorrow is my birthday. As usual, I'm working. I never get my b-day off. Not that it's a huge deal; I mean, I'm over 30 now, so birthdays are just an excuse to eat cake and not much else. Who my age wants to be reminded that they're another year older? Meh. (Not that I'm OLD. Just oldER.)

The Husband bought tickets to STOMP! for my birthday gift. The show isn't until January, but by buying early we're in the 2nd row. Woot! It's not the first time we've seen it but it never fails to be full of awesome. Something to look forward to during layoff season! I'm stoked.

Avatar in IMAX 3D is re-released on my birthday as well. I so want to see it in an IMAX theater, but there are none within reasonable distance. One of the downsides to living in the boonies, I suppose... pretty sad when you have to plan two days off and a hotel room to see a damn movie. (Even if the movie is eleventy-billion hours long.) Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but seriously the closest IMAX is over two hours from here. I'll probably go watch it at the local film dump. Note to self: wear old shoes. Theaters have evolved a lot, but as long as children and flimsy soda cups exist, so will sticky floors.

I want to visit New York City. People are amazed that I live three hours or so from NYC and still have not been there. I want to do the touristy stuff, ride the subway, all that... but I also want to find a street table, have a drink and people-watch. Humans never fail to amuse me. We're an odd species and are only rivaled by cats in doing dumb shit, pretending it didn't happen, then walking off looking smug. New York is cannon fodder for someone like me who finds humor in just about anything. My talent is sarcasm, what's yours?

I had a chat with the boss today about places we'd like to go. Brazil and Australia were two we both agreed on (and I have friends in Sao Paulo, so if the money thing ever happens, I'm set.) Hubby wants to go back to Oz. He loved it the first time. Most likely because he was a young Marine who could drink and fight with the best of 'em and as a result probably has pretty skewed recollections. If I knew we could go I'd have to start training my liver for tolerance well in advance. (Side note: this discussion spawned another on which side of Oz is east and which is west... and there was some actual turning of heads upside-down... yeah, I'm just going to stop there. It was a long day. Shuddup.)

I want to go up in a parachute glider. I've said this before, haven't I? There was one flying over at work today and as usual, my response was to immediately stop what I was doing, stare up at the glider and say "Cooooooool." Parasailing would be fun too; hoping we get to do that at Virginia Beach next month, providing the weather cooperates this time.

Speaking of: 3 weeks till the airshow! Woot woot! Dear Oceana, please don't have hurricane conditions this time. I wanna see my Blues FLY, dammit. Love, Me.

Tomorrow night we're going to the Cell Block again. I will take certain liberties in exploiting my birthday, and some of them will be the right to consume vodka at will, dance like a dorky teenager and indubitably make an ass of myself at least once. Gonna be a good night.

Cake. That is all.

No comments: