Wednesday, September 01, 2010

It's Only Just Begun

I had an excruciatingly painful root canal today. Apparently I have a difficult-to-numb nerve or something. (It didn't help when the endodontist said to the hygienist "Did we hit something? Where is all that blood coming from?" Way to instill confidence, Doc.) So for all you people who said it's not the big painful deal everyone makes it out to be, here's a hearty FUCK OFF.

As a result I am operating at minimum efficiency, stressed out, and my nerves are completely shot. I tried to sleep but twitched too much to get any rest.

On the bright side, this should make the rest of a predicted sucky week seem less sucky. So there's that anyway. And once this week is over, I'll only have 13 days to go until I can get my beach fix. I can smell salt water already, and the ocean breeze mixed with the tantalizing aroma of jet fuel and afterburners. DA PLANE, BOSS! DA PLANE! Hellz yeah... airshows make me happy. A happy me is a wonderful thing, except when it borders on spastic giddiness. And that's pretty funny to anyone else watching so it's all good. We'll all be stupidhappy. You know they sell beer at airshows? I'm going to hug a helicopter.

Oh, right, the beach. Yeah... sand between mah toez, lil crabbies runnin' around, and the sudden screamworthy burn reminding me that my dumbass self shaved my legs right before hitting the saltwater. That's always fun. Can't wait!

Today a friend made plans to go to Las Vegas, which triggered a longtime desire of mine to see a certain performer there. Way back almost 20 years ago I got a People magazine with their annual "50 Most Beautiful People" article, and one of them was this amazingly hot and seemingly talented strap acrobat (he "flies" on leather straps... kind of a mixture of ballet, trapeze and Peter Pan on acid.) All these years I've wanted to go see him perform. Today I found a vid of his act on YouTube and now I've lost the desire. It was good, but not the spectacle I'm sure it was 20 years ago when strap acts weren't so common and wearing long hair and a g-string made him look hot instead of "desperately clinging to the illusion of youth."

Also, "leather strap act" has all kinds of connotations to the uninformed. Great band name. They can open for GWAR. Or Lady Gaga. Whichever.

The highlight of my day: getting Viva paper towels for a buck a roll. If you've ever bought them, you know that this is a very good deal. If you haven't, you're missing out on the ultimate paper towel experience. Trust me on this. Go to CVS and get 'em while they're on sale.

Speaking of drugstores, why don't any of them sell bridge mix anymore? I can't find any around here and I'm jonesing for the squishy fruit ones. I also had a wild craving for a popsicle today, one of those tropical creamsicles in the green flavor. I blame the meds.

So I've fidgeted and twitched the day away, and it's now after 1 AM and there's nothing good on Woot and I'm tired of screencapping SamWo making goofy faces and it's too late to run the vacuum even though I do my best cleaning at night and I'm almost out of ginger ale and something is prompting me to go outside and look at the stars for a while and reclaim a bit of inner (and hopefully outer) peace so I think I'm going to go get some quality porch time with the universe. When all else fails, look up.

No comments: