Sunday, September 26, 2010

Just Stuff

So much has been happening, I don't even know where to begin. In the past 2 weeks I've hugged both a helicopter and a former pro wrestler (they were roughly the same size), gone parasailing over the ocean, had some quality time with family, paid too much for someone to make my hair look like it did in 1987, and sunburned my ankles. *Just* my ankles, nothing else.

I got deliriously hyper at an airshow, ate a lot of southern food (I love going places where you simply say "tea" and they bring you sweet iced tea, because that is the default and that's the way it SHOULD be, dammit) and got beach sand in the cracks. I almost miss that, to be honest. Also, beach hair is the best.

The little things in life make me the happiest. The problem is that getting TO those little things tends to cost big money. We'll be heading south again soon for the Official Vacation and I plan on partaking in as many little things as I can. Like the simple joy of having boiled peanuts to eat on the boat, along with a cold Coke... watching the dolphins (the critters, not the team)... knowing that someone who yells "GO COCKS!" is a local football fan, not a freak... hearing people say things like "I really shoulda taken a picture of that hog before we ate him"... the smell of rain and salt air mixed... sitting on the porch with a good book... Waffle House patty melts and Bojangles dirty rice... and a family so crazy-funny that comedians should be paying them for the privilege of listening to them for a few hours.

Until then I'm here with non-sweet tea and the occasional horse-and-buggy tied to the telephone pole downstairs. Yeehaw, y'all.

No comments: