Saturday, April 01, 2006

I QUIT.

That's it. I'm done. I'm pulling the plug on the computer, calling my boss to play him a Johnny Paycheck song*, throwing some clothes in a bag and I'm gone. Outta here. Removing myself from this part of society for a while, going underground even.

I need a reality vacation. Look out California! Brudda, I'm coming to see you. Hope you don't mind if I crash on the floor, or under the table like I did last time, if the couch is currently occupied. I miss being who I was, when everything took care of itself in that laid-back, we'll worry-about-it-after-siesta kinda way. I miss my purple hair and my combat boots and midnight picnics and lying on the roof. And I miss my friends... even Fraggle.

My darling husband will be fine. He wore cologne for someone else today, when he'll hardly ever wear any for me. And when I asked him about it, he said he was flirting with a co-worker... a MALE co-worker. Just lovely. I wondered why he was always buying stuff for the guy and taking him snacks and treats. And why the guy's in his 40s and isn't married and would never accept an invitation to come over for dinner. Un-freaking-believable. I guess being in a truck with someone 8-10 hours a day brings you closer. I never thought it would be THAT close. Ew ew ew!

So that's it. Tuesday morning I'm gone. I have some things to square away Monday, otherwise I'd be on my way tonight. Anyone in between here and there who wants to play host to a slightly jaded, currently bitter woman in need of a distraction, gimme a buzz. I'm talking to you, B in D/FW and J in NM!

*"Take This Job and Shove It"

2 comments:

CJupiter said...

Just check the date, people.

fart blossom said...

mean. oh so mean. :D