Monday, April 10, 2006

They Went That-a-way

Didn't go to Reading after all. Some friends called and asked if we wanted to go north instead, to hit Best Buy and dinner at Old Country Buffet, so we picked them up and made a day of it.

As we were leaving Best Buy, my friend H. said "Hey, let's stop in Bed, Bath & Beyond for a sec." I thought the guys would mutter and roll their eyes while the women oohed and aahed over linens, but we went with a promise that we'd only spend fifteen minutes in there.

I shouldn't have worried about the guys. My husband was dragging ME around to show me things, and H's fiance began making mental lists of the accessories he wants to put in his (future) pool room. He also got sidetracked by pepper grinders while my hubby was showing me the benefits of a magnetic spice rack. H. and I eventually made our way to the towels... the Great Wall of Towels, that is... and we determined that we each need at least three bathrooms and a cabana to get all the styles we liked. My honey flipped out over a small-scale replica of an old gas pump, the kind with the clear fuel canister, complete with functioning pump nozzle, for dispensing adult beverages (or Italian soda syrup, or whatever). He loved it.

As usual, we didn't buy anything, but I did get some ideas for how to redo our bathroom. And I have a sneaking suspicion that magnetic spice cans are in my future. Hubby *really* liked those.

1 comment:

Chris said...

This really was an amusing anecdote. Somehow I am able to relate....