Monday, March 06, 2006

Impeccable Timing


Previous comments about dragging home a 1965 Barracuda were written half-jokingly. I pulled that car, at random, out of my head as ONE of the vehicles I've always loved, not the ONLY specific classic that would go over a newer Toyota. (Still... look at that rear window! I've always been a sucker for huge, rounded rear glass on old cars. Ranks right up there with chrome and tailfins.)

Dad just called. There's a red '65 Barracuda for sale in town. He saw it and immediately thought of me... and yes, we're going by to look at it later. Along with a Toyota Matrix, if I can get past the sheer fugliness of the thing.

Dad must be returning the favor. We took him a sale sheet for a '63 Falcon Ranchero yesterday. He drooled... see where I get it from? Even so, he spent our last car confab trying to convince me I needed another Buick, in this case a new Lucerne. *Shudder* I really wonder about my genes sometimes. Will I someday be trying to convince my own kid that he/she needs a Cadillac instead of the hydrogen-powered MitsuToyoMazDai that they want?

1 comment:

Chris said...

MitsuToyoMazDai - personally I shudder to think what *this* would look like, what with the current trend in Asian auto design being as freakishly ugly as it is.