Sunday, March 12, 2006

Miscellaneous

  • The fish fry was good, except for a couple of things. One, my friend H. stood us up, which she's never done before, and didn't call to tell us she wasn't coming. Apparently she had some home issues and wanted to go hide for a while. Understandable. It just wasn't as fun without her. Two, my husband remembered to tell me that my uncle had a stroke. This was several hours after he learned about it from my dad. Of course I called Dad and found out that it happened three days ago and Uncle was home already. Gotta love the "oh, by the way" mentality of people up here. *Shakes head* Hubby's family is the same way.
  • The gall of some people... we got separate checks for our group of three and our friends' group of four. Their tab was over $50 and they each pitched in a dollar for the tip. We took up table space at a popular restaurant for two hours and had a great waitress, and they left her four bucks. I swapped it out for a ten and some singles, all the cash I had, combining the tip on our smaller bill with theirs to make the minimum 15%. And I still felt bad. She deserved 20%.
  • Got a new washer and dryer! Totally unexpected. A woman Hubby delivered to asked if he knew anyone who wanted her W/D set, as she'd just bought a stack unit to make more space in her laundry room. He looked at the set: Kenmore Elite, less than 2 years old! Oh yeah, he knew someone all right. We swapped out our ancient almond-colored set for these newer white ones and finally our kitchen appliances are all the same color. I had to figure out the controls because I've never had one that didn't have knobs and dials before. All electronic push-buttons... wow. Praise the Lord, we won't have to fix the old dryer every six months anymore. Bless that woman.
  • The Leadership meeting ran a half-hour over. It was fun, in a way. The site manager at one point was talking about giving concise instruction to trainees, as most people's attention span is about 20 seconds before they start to tune out. Very ironic since we were in a 4 1/2 hour meeting, and she kept interrupting the training to go on and on and on about whatever. I don't remember; my attention wandered and I tuned out. ;-P They had a couple of logic excercises with prizes. I won a nice Day Planner. I love logic puzzles!
  • Off to Dad's birthday party now. Hubby wants to go over early to help set up; if it wasn't raining and if I could afford to waste the gas I'd wait and go over in a couple of hours by myself. I just don't like being over there waiting. Never was too comfortable at his brother's house. He's taking his .22 and some targets so if the rain stops at least I can go out and shoot something. Whee!

No comments: