Thursday, March 09, 2006

New Blog!

Since I like to talk about cars so much, I started a blog just for that purpose.
www.alteregomutters.blogspot.com

Going to post the car stuff over there from now on. Check it out, feedback welcome!

In other news... well, there isn't much, actually. Next two days will be busy at work; tomorrow I have a Leadership meeting to attend for four long hours, but at least lunch is provided. Saturday there's only two of us in my plant so I expect to be running around like crazy all day. I wish I could skip that meeting to get some work done in advance but I guess it's mandatory attendance. Fooey.

I won't be able to take St. Patrick's Day off this year. Double fooey! I haven't been to a real St. Pat's Day celebration since I lived down south, when I'd go to Savannah every year. One of these years I'm going to book a plane ticket just to fly down for a couple of days. I just want to hang out and soak up atmosphere, listen to the street musicians, eat crawdads, and people-watch. This year I'm working Friday and Saturday so catching the parade in Wilkes-Barre is out. Might just go have a wee nip of Bailey's or Irish Mist with my dad and toast our Irish heritage. Did you know that there are more people of Irish descent in the U.S. than there are in Ireland? Faith and begorrah!

My mother got a really great deal on a cool old chair, gold curved frame with red cushions... she calls it the Throne... I'd love to have a place for something like that. It would go well with my planned Victorian-themed room. I have the rug and draperies (and bay window!) but haven't moved up to actual furniture yet. Or the actual room to put said furniture in. Someday...

Booked a table for eight at an all-you-can-eat fish fry tomorrow night. The Creekside has the most delicious fish, it's cheap, and we've got a group of friends to catch up with over dinner, so that should be a nice evening out. The restaurant is insanely popular; they have a Trash Bash every Sunday which involves huge piles of food- BBQ ribs, chicken, fish, fries, corn, baked beans- being served on metal trash-can lids. (Not lids used for real trash cans, of course.) I love discovering places like that. Nothing against the chains, but the best food is where the locals eat!

No comments: