Monday, August 01, 2005

7 pounds of chocolate.

(Originally written sometime last year)
Not ounces, or liters, or any liquid measure...the bottle of Hershey's syrup I just bought says 7 lbs.

Why did I buy 7 lbs. of chocolate syrup? Because my husband needed a fix...he's been out for over a week and is suffering from withdrawals. I got tired of paying for smaller bottles once or twice a month, and found the big jugs at a warehouse store, so now I buy those instead. My hubby loves his chocolate milk... it kills me that he's more of a chocoholic than any female I know, and yet he managed to lose 13 pounds in the past 3 months without doing anything. What's worse is that he didn't need to lose any weight in the first place. Women should be so lucky.

I, on the other hand, rarely eat chocolate. I binge now and then, but if we were out of syrup I probably wouldn't notice. I like my 2% milk plain, and (shhh...don't tell the locals!) really don't care for Hershey's chocolate anyway. I'm a Lindt truffle person...white, please.

7 lbs...sheesh. We should buy stock in the company.

No comments: