Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Night of the Living Dead?

I was so tired this morning. I haven't been sleeping too well since the accident, so I've been staying up until I've reached that stage where I pass out from sheer exhaustion. And then the alarm goes off... I have got to work on my pitching. A slider just won't shut that thing up.

I'm actually glad I have a doctor's appointment (routine checkup) tomorrow, because I can leave work at noon and maybe catch a catnap in the waiting room. (Of course, this will be the one time I get called right off the bat, I betcha. Either that, or I'll only have the first two jokes in "Laughter, The Best Medicine" read when they call my name. I hate it when people interrupt my funny fix.) Seems daylight hours are more conducive to sleeping nowadays. I've been a zombie for two weeks... does it ever end?

In other news, our vacation is on for October. It's better than August, since it won't be so hot, the beach will still be an option (but without the crowds), and we can get fresh local oysters. Yay! And with any luck fuel prices will drop (wishful thinking) so we can afford to drive the Bronco down. I calculated the fuel cost at the current price; $300 round-trip in gas alone, as long as we don't drive anywhere else once we get there or run into any detours. Ouch.

I should have bought that diesel '83 VW Rabbit. 45 MPG... I'm still kicking myself.

No comments: