Saturday, August 20, 2005

The Numbers Game

I stopped to pretend to put gas in my car after work today. I got 7 gallons of fuel and some Gatorade, and the total was $27.72.

Other than the obvious comment about fuel prices, what's so odd about that?

In 7 days it will be the 27th (my birthday). '72 is the year I was born. 27 and 72 are both divisible by 3; 3/3 (33) is my age.

My mom did a "magic numbers" diagram for me on my self-proclaimed Lucky Birthday six years ago. I was 27 on the 27th. Every single way it computed, if one believed in numerology my day was destined to be a good one.

Guess what? It was my first date with my future husband. We went out for Mexican food, met his sister and future BIL at a karaoke bar (great first impressions there!) and ended the night with the radio cranked and the windows down cruising back country roads in a pickup truck.

What's changed? Well, we never went to another karaoke bar. The rest is pretty much the same. Six years next weekend... Every birthday is a lucky one. I'm blessed no matter how the numbers line up.

Although... I wonder if there's a bus going to Atlantic City next Saturday?

No comments: